2020-2021 School Reopening Survey
Good discipline originates in the home. Parents are the first teachers of their children and need to help them to develop good habits and behavior.
Parents need to:
- recognize that the teacher takes the place of the parent while the child is in school.
- recognize that the teacher and parents are partners in the education of the child and COOPERATION is necessary.
- teach the child respect for authority.
- make sure that the child comes to school EVERY DAY.
- make sure that the child is prepared for school and learning with all supplies including completed homework and assignments.
- show an active interest in the progress of the child.
- pick up the child on time or pay an afterschool charge.
- call the office by 9 A.M. if the child is absent and submit an absent note the day the child returns to school.
- notify the school in the event that there is a change in the person picking up the child.
For anyone to learn, it is necessary to maintain a quiet and respectful atmosphere. There must be silence in the halls and on stairs. You are to enter the school each morning in a quiet and orderly manner; enter your classroom and prepare for learning.
Students need to:
- Proper behavior is expected of all students.
- Be respectful, cooperative, and courteous towards all persons at all times.
- Not run, play rough, play ball, shout while in the Play Street.
- Wear the required uniform AT ALL TIMES, unless using a NUT card or a Dress Down Day has been declared by the Principal.
- Be prepared for classes each and every day. Homework, projects, and/or assignments must be given in on time.
- Students are not permitted to use any electronic devices including cell phones during the school day. Any child caught using these devices will have it taken away. A parent/guardian must then come to school to pick it up.